7 Dessert Recipes You're Going to Want to Try this Holiday Season
- Nebraska Furniture Mart
- On November 29, 2017
The holidays are upon us and with that, comes all the holiday parties and get-togethers you’re going to need to bring snacks to. We tried out these 7 dessert recipes personally, and they are some of the best desserts we’ve had. Trust me, you’re going to want to try them out!
Special K Bars
Ingredients: (this recipe is doubled)
2 cups of white sugar
2 cups of white Karo syrup
3 cups of peanut butter
12 cups of Special K cereal
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
- Melt Karo syrup and sugar together until sugar gets dissolved.
(bring to a boil)
- Remove from stove and stir in peanut butter until smooth
- Stir in the Special K cereal
- Put mix into a jelly roll pan
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together
- Pour melted chocolate on top of cereal in the pan
- Put in refrigerator until chocolate sets
- Cut into small bars and serve
Candy Cane Peppermint Kiss Cookies
1 Bag of Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
1 Tube of sugar cookie dough or ready to bake sugar cookies
- Preheat oven according to directions of the cookie dough (you may also use your own sugar cookie recipie)
- Place cookies on cookie sheet and bake according to directions
- When done, use pot holders to pull out cookie sheet.
- Let it cook off for a couple minutes
- Open the Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses and place one in the middle of each cookie
- Add sprinkles or candies to decorate it
- Let cool & enjoy them with a glass of milk!
Pretzel Rolo Turtles
1 Bag of pretzel square snaps
1 Bag of individually wrapped Rolo Candies
1 Bag or Can of Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degree
- Place pretzel square snaps on a cookie sheet to cover the sheet and not stacked
- Unwrap the Rolo candy and put one on each pretzel square snap
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven for 3 minutes or until chocolate looks soft enough to push down
- Carefully, using hot pads, pull out the cookie sheet and take a pecan and put on the rolo and push down
Let cool & enjoy!
Pretzel Stick Recipe
1 Bag of pretzel sticks
Candy Melts (Whatever colors you want)
- Melt the Candy Melts chocolate according to the package
- Dip pretzel sticks into melted chocolate
- To be more creative:
- Add sprinkles or candies to it
- Take a cake decorating bag and design patterns, lines or dots onto the already dipped pretzel stick
White Chocolate Peppermint Pudding Cookies
Yield: 2 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 small package (3.9 oz.) vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed peppermints or candy canes (you can also use Andes Peppermint baking chips)
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Beat in dry instant pudding mix
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well
- Add baking soda and flour and mix well
- Stir in peppermints and white chocolate chips
- Roll into 1″ balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Caramel Cashew Crunch
1 Cup of Butter (2 sticks)
2 Cups Brown Sugar (Light or Dark depending on your preference)
½ Cup of Karo Syrup (Light)
1 Box corn Chex cereal (12-14oz)
2 Cups Roasted Cashews (Salted)
- Mix sugar, butter and syrup in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes
- Mix cereal and cashews in a large bowl. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Remove caramel mixture from heat and pour over cereal and nut mixture. Mix thoroughly. Place mixture in a paper bag and fold over top. Microwave bag for 90 seconds. Take out of microwave and shake. Put back in microwave for 60 more seconds.
- Pour mixture from paper bag onto prepared cookie sheet and spread out (beware mixture is hot). Let cool for several minutes. Break into pieces and enjoy.
Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⅓ cups pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cupcake pans.
- Spoon ¼ tsp. of melted butter into the bottom of each cupcake cup.
- Spoon ¼ tsp of brown sugar on top of the butter.
- Cut maraschino cherries into quarters. Press one quarter into the brown sugar in the middle of the cup.
- Add ¼ Tbsp. of crushed pineapple around the cherry and press all ingredients into an even layer.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, oil, and pineapple juice until smooth.
- Pour batter over the brown sugar and fruit at the bottom of each cupcake cup. Fill to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before flipping pan over to remove cupcakes.
Make sure to check out https://www.nfm.com for all your baking needs!