What’s Your Holiday Soundtrack?
Music is indeed therapy.
Setting the tone for the soundtrack of our lives, a specific song can easily take us back to that very moment. Like a time-machine, we can close our eyes and listen to certain songs, evoking such an emotion within our souls then immediately taking you back to that first kiss. That very first dance. That sweet road trip. That crazy night you never thought you’d live to see the next day but you did. That heart wrenching breakup. That hard-earned team win then that painful team loss. That go-to song just before heading into work, helping you focus on moving mountains for the day. And of course, that unforgettable holiday season among loved ones.
So this year as you hang the stocking up with care, your little ones dream of sugar plums and Santa’s grand arrival, and you gather among loved ones watching a marathon of Christmas Story and Home Alone, make your holiday time memorable with some of my all-time favorites:
- All I Want For Christmas – Mariah Carey
- Silent Night – Boyz II Men
- The Prayer – Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli
- Last Christmas – Wham
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas – Michael Buble
- Rockin Around The Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
- Feliz Navidad – Jose Feliciano
- The Chipmunk Song – Alvin and The Chipmunks
- Happy Christmas – John Lennon
- Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt
- Mele Kalikimaka – Kacey Musgraves
And for those who are celebrate the holiday season in your own unique way, here are some songs to help you get into the spirit:
- Jingle Bell Rock – Brenda Lee
- Deck The Hall
- Let It Snow
- Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Sleigh Ride
- The Channukah Song – Adam Sandler
Lastly, our holiday season wouldn’t be complete without a few suggestions to help you bring in the New Year with a bang. Whether you’re enjoying a family night of board games and sparkling cider with the kiddos while watching the ball drop on tv or planting a kiss on that special someone at midnight, these ditties should help you celebrate accordingly:
New Year’s Eve Party
- What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve – Ella Fitzgerald
- Time Of Our Lives – Ne-Yo / Pitbull
- Shining – Beyonce / Jay-Z
- This Is What You Came For – Calvin Harris / Rihanna
- Kiss – Prince
- I’ve Got Friends in Low Places – Garth Brooks
- 24K Gold – Bruno Mars
- Song 2 – Blur
- It Takes Two – Rob Base
- Sunshine – Leilani Wolfgramm
- Chacha Slide – DJ Casper
- Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough – Michael Jackson
All in all, whatever song plays in your living room this holiday season as you decorate your tree this year or dance in your kitchen while frosting cookies with your kiddos, make it beautiful. Savor every second. Be thankful. Say it with kindness. Be the reason why someone smiles this holiday season. And after all the presents are opened and you’re all surrounded by remnants of gift wrapping, please remember the absolute best gift is your sincere time. And each time you listen to some of these holiday songs, you’ll be able to close your eyes and remember these special memories.
From our NFM Family to yours, we would like to bid you all the Warmest Holiday wishes and a beautiful Happy New Year!