A Crock Pot Snack Mix Recipe Just in Time for Fall
Did you know you can make sweet treats in your slow cooker? It’s true!
I’ve recently fallen back in love with my slow-cooker. It’s such an easy way to prepare a meal that always pleases the family. My go-tos are Pulled Pork and Cheesy Potato Soup but now this delicious snack mix is at the top of the list.
The combination of sweet and salty make this an irresistible snack mix. The added white chips and M&M’s just add to the sweetness and add a little bit of color.
The best part – the maple and cinnamon will make your house smell amazing as this treat cooks! This would be a perfect treat for a football party or a movie night in.
Crock-Pot Snack Mix
- 3 cups corn chex cereal
- 3 cups rice chex cereal
- 3 cups teddy grahams
- 1 ½ cups pretzels (sticks or mini)
- 1 ½ cup cocktail peanuts (salted)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon maple extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 bag M&M’s (11 ounce bag)
- In a six quart slow cooker, stir together cereals, pretzel, teddy grahams and peanuts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla and maple extract and cinnamon. Pour mixture over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Leave lid off of the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours, stirring mix every 20 minutes. Make sure to stir every 20 minutes to keep sauce from burning. After a couple hours the mixture will look dry. Transfer onto lined cookie sheets to cool.
- Once cool, transfer to an airtight bowl. Sprinkle white chocolate chips and M&M’s and stir to mix.