A Sticky BBQ Wings Recipe That Wins Every Game Day
Wings might be the perfect handheld food. Starting them on your griddle attachment of your Frigidaire Professional Range, then finishing them in the oven with a basting of homemade BBQ is DIY chicken wing heaven. Perfect for your next homegating event
Recipe for Sticky BBQ Wings
- 3 lbs. wings, drumettes and flats separated
- 3 TBSP. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
For the BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 1/2 TBSP. molasses
- 3 TBSP. apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
- 2. Fit the griddle attachment on the stovetop, and heat over medium-heat. Toss the wings in the olive oil, getting them nicely coated, then season with salt. Working in batches, brown both sides of the wings, about 2 minutes per side.
- 3. Transfer the wings to a baking tray lined with a rack, and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, turning halfway through, until crispy and cooked through.
- 4. While the wings are baking, combing all of the ingredients for the BBQ sauce in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and allow to simmer for 5 – 6 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken. Set aside.
- 5. After about 40 minutes, baste both sides of the wings with BBQ sauce, and continue baking another 5 minutes.
- 6. Serve immediately with extra sauce