Selecting the Best Sectional for Your Living Room
Tammy Wilson | On September 30, 2015
Looking to update your living room furniture? Have you been going through thoughts like, “Sofa or sectional… sofa or sectional…” One of the best things about choosing a new sectional is you can make it as big or as small as you want. Just because you’re furnishing and decorating a small space doesn’t mean you’re limited to choosing a small sofa. There are endless possibilities when selecting a sectional for your home. You can choose the configuration, depth, coil cushions, and numerous fabric options.
If you’ve already been back and forth and have decided that a sectional will suit your lifestyle, here are some helpful tips on finalizing your selection.
First – choosing the proper-facing arm, crucial element in determining if the sectional will work in your space.
- Right Arm Facing – when you are facing the set the arm is on your right
- Left Arm Facing – when you are facing the set the arm is on your left
Sectionals are typically made up of 2 or more pieces. Once the proper-facing arm has been selected, now is the time to start configuring the pieces. Below is a sampling of typical pieces you’ll find in a variety of sectionals.
- Sofa sectionals have 3 seat cushions
- Loveseat sectionals have 2 seat cushions
- Armless chairs have 1 seat cushion
- Corners are squared off pieces that connect 2 other pieces
- Chaise sectionals are typically in the shape of a chair that is long enough to support your legs (excellent for lounging)
- Cuddlers are larger than a single seat chair
- Conversation/wedge designs create a curved sectional
Tips on Finding the Best Fire Pit for Your Backyard... April 30, 2015 | Adam Logan
What Size Dining Table Do You Need? November 7, 2013 | Nebraska Furniture Mart