Questions To Ask Yourself Before Buying Appliances
Appliances are one of the few household items that you will keep around for 5-15 years before replacing. Buying the right appliances for your needs and for your home is very important and can be quite confusing. At Nebraska Furniture Mart, we’ve created a ‘Will It Fit‘ survey to ensure your new appliance will fit in its space properly. A measurement off by as little as 1/4 inch can turn the excitement of your new purchase into a major inconvenience. Double-checking your measurements will help to ensure a smooth purchase and delivery.
Below are questions to ask yourself before buying appliances:
- What type of appliance are you interested in?
- What color appliance are you interested in?
- Are any of your appliances gas?
- Are you trying to match other existing appliances?
- How large is the space the appliances will be fitting into?
- How wide is the narrowest doorway between the outside of your home and the desired location for this appliance?
- If you are looking for an electric range or dryer, does your outlet fit a 3 prong or 4 prong plug? (Most homes built before 1996 have 3 prong plugs)
*Tip: If there are any appliances you are already considering and would like further details, please print off the product details page from nfm.com and share it with your appliance Sales Specialist in-store or by phone.
There are many different aspects of appliances that need to be measured to ensure each appliance will fit properly into your home and be efficient for your everyday use. The diagrams below illustrate all of the measurements that need to be considered when buying appliances.
Don’t forget that you get FREE DELIVERY* on all Major Appliance purchases $299 or more! See nfm.com for details.
Dryer Buying Guide August 3, 2014 | Nebraska Furniture Mart
The Frigidaire Professional Line: A Kitchen Upgrade Minus the Full Remodel... May 26, 2016 | Jenni Gietl