Fun Holiday Cocktails
The holidays are a great excuse to gather with friends and family and have a couple drinks over some great conversation. We’ve created a list of themed holiday cocktails that are sure to keep your guests happy and entertained this season.
Candy Cane Cocktail
The Candy Cane is a really fun holiday cocktail and it’s also one of those that are fun to create. The mix is interesting, what being a base of berry-flavored vodka with peppermint and cacao, and it’s quite wonderful.
3/4 oz SKYY Berry Vodka
3/4 oz peppermint schnapps
3/4 oz white crème de cacao
1/4 oz grenadine
Half and half
1. Pour the vodka, peppermint schnapps, white creme de cacao, and grenadine into a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake well.
3. Pour into a cocktail glass rimmed with crushed peppermint candy.
4. Fill with half and half and top with a splash of soda water.
This green cocktail called the Grinch has none of the nasty elements of Dr. Seuss’ classic holiday character. On the contrary, it’s reminiscent of the changed Grinch with the sweetest flavors; melon-flavored Midori and lemon juice. It’s all sweetened even further with a little simple syrup. Add a maraschino cherry for the garnish for color and to represent the changed heart of the green man.
2 oz Midori melon liqueur
1/2 oz lemon juice
1 tsp simple syrup
Maraschino cherry for garnish
1. Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake well.
3. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
4. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
The Holiday Hopper
Consider the Holiday Hopper a Grasshopper with a twist. What Midori has done is taken one of the more popular “martinis” and added their liqueur for a melon background that is really quite interesting. As with the Grasshopper, use white creme de cacao because the brown makes the finished drink look like some sort of sludge, which is rather unappealing.
1 oz Midori melon liqueur
1/2 oz green creme de menthe
1/2 oz white creme de cacao
2 oz half and half
Mint leaves for garnish
Raspberry for garnish
1. Pour the ingredients into cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake well.
3. Strain into a cocktail glass.
4. Garnish with a mint leaves and a raspberry.
Merry Christmas Cocktail
Merry Christmas to all! This refreshing tall drink is great for holiday parties or feasts and features one of the best flavors of the season: cranberry. Garnish with fresh or dried cranberries and offer the drink without gin for a non-alcoholic alternative.
1 oz Plymouth Gin
1 oz cranberry juice
1 tsp lemon juice
Fresh or dried cranberries for garnish
1. Pour the gin and juices into a Collins glass filled with ice. Stir.
2. Top with club soda and garnish with cranberries.
Meet me under the mistletoe. This holiday cocktail is a nice mix of chilled cranberry tea, orange and lemon juices, and vodka. If you’re planning on making quite a few of these do yourself a favor and steep a large pot of tea to begin with so that it’s ready for future drinks.
2 oz vodka
2 oz orange juice
3 oz cranberry tea, chilled
3/4 oz lemon juice
3 tsp sugar
1. Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
2. Strain into two chilled cocktail glasses.
Mrs. Claus Wildside Punch
Does Mrs. Claus have a wild side? Considering she’s stuck in the North Pole with all those elves and a husband who works only one night a year, I’m sure she does and if that’s true she’d probably dig this punch.
It’s a very simple mix of tequila, X-Rated, cranberry, and pomegranate and it is quite delicious. The flavor is quite festive as well, and it makes a great addition to any holiday party.
If you’d like to make a single cocktail, just shake 1 ounce of each ingredient and strain it into an old-fashioned glass – no need for ice.
25 ounces X-Rated Fusion liqueur
25 ounces Cabo Wabo Blanco Tequila
25 ounces pomegranate juice
25 ounces cranberry juice
Lime twists for garnish
1. Combine the ingredients in a punch bowl and stir well.
2. Serve mixture directly into ice filled glasses and stir again to cool the mixture.
3. Garnish with a lime twist.
What are your favorite holiday cocktails? Tell us your favorite recipes below, or share a photo of your special holiday cocktail recipe with us on Instagram! Be sure to include @nfmpics with your photo. Have a happy holiday season!