Are you ready for a new sheet cake recipe with a bubbly twist? The secret ingredient to the tender texture is all in a can of Coca-Cola Classic. Stop by Nebraska Furniture Mart Omaha & Kansas City locations on Friday, August 16th and Saturday, August 17th to pick up a free 12-pack of Coca-Cola with any purchase of $49 or greater. Happy Baking!
Coca-Cola Cake Recipe
- 1 Cup of Coca-Cola
- 1/2 Cup of buttermilk
- 1 Cup of butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 Cups of sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 Cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup of cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 Cups of miniature marshmallows
- Garnish: 3/4 Cup of chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine Coca-Cola and buttermilk; set aside.
- Beat butter at low speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar; beat until blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat at low speed until blended.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with cola mixture; begin and end with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in marshmallows. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13″ x 9″ pan. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes.
- Pour Coca-Cola Frosting (recipe listed below) over warm cake; garnish, if desired.
Note: Don’t make the frosting ahead–you need to pour it over the cake shortly after baking.
Coca-Cola Frosting Recipe
- 1/2 Cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 Cup Coca-Cola
- 3 Tablespoons of cocoa
- 1 (16-ounce) package of powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts. Remove from heat; whisk in sugar and vanilla.